How to trigger alert if Ring contact sensor (on window) still open at specific time
I use the Ring alarm system, and would like to use SimpleCommand to setup an alert that will trigger to let me know if a window (has a contact sensor) is left open.
- I have a Ring alarm system, and it is added to my SimpleCommands account.
- I have a window with a Ring contact sensor attached
- I would like to be notified if the window is open (triggered by time of day or xx minutes open)
I have a window in my home office that I frequently open, but am worried that I'll forget and leave it open overnight. I added a Ring contact sensor to the window hoping that I could figure out a way to automate a reminder, but I can't figure out how to set it up.
Ideally, I'd like to have it trigger at a specific time, then if the window was open, notify me so I can close it.
- Trigger: time is 11:00 PM
- Check state of Ring contact sensor
- If closed - no alert
- If open - send alert (in app, sms, etc.)