With this feature users can do things like control garage doors, adjust Ring security devices and control the climate, or just check on the status of their home with Siri or with a press on a Shortcut! Just follow the few quick steps below to get started!
In order to integrate your first SimpleCommands Shortcut, you will have to adjust the security settings for your Shortcuts app. To do this go to Settings --> Shortcuts --> and enable "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts". This will allow you to add any third-party shortcut.
(adding additional Shortcuts): Once you have created your first SimpleCommands Shortcut you can just duplicate the new ShortCut as many times as you would like and update the name and request text to run other SimpleCommands. When you duplicate a shortcut all the previous data including your token will come along so you can skip straight to Step 6 above for each new Shortcut.
1. Open the SimpleCommands app or go to the online dashboard. Go any item, group or routine and select Apple Shortcut.
2. Copy the Shortcut Token and then select 'Install Shortcut'.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the new Shortcut and press 'Add Untrusted Shortcut'.
4. There will now be a new Shortcut in your Shortcuts App named 'SimpleCommands Shortcut' Template.
5. Edit the new ShortCut by pressing the 3-dots icon in the upper right of the Shortcut. Next select 'Show More' in the Network section of the Shortcut. Paste the (previously copied) token into the text field next to 'Authorization'.
6. While still editing the Shortcut enter the SimpleCommands request text in the empty text field next to requestText. This text will be the exact SimpleCommands item, routine or group name and command that you wish this shortcut to run. Examples might be 'garage door open' or 'ring alarm status' or just the name of a routine that you have created in SimpleCommands. Any group or item shortcut should include the group or item and and the command in the request text. Routines only need the name of the routine in the requestText field.
For any additional questions please visit our Knowledge Base, or contact us here. We'll get back to you as quickly as we can! To get started, go to the App Store or Google Play store and download SimpleCommands!