Have questions about Voice Clips? What they are? How to use them? Read on for all the information you need to get started with Voice Clips with SimpleCommands!
What are Voice Clips?
Voice Clips are customized audio clips that you can play through certain audio devices such as your computer, Amazon Alexa and applicable Sonos speakers (Sonos One, Sonos Play 5, Sonos Beam and Ikea Symfonisk models). You can use audio clips to create situationally-specific notifications in your smart home. For example, have your Sonos speaker announce that your wife is home from work when her car pulls up the driveway, or surprise your loved one by sending them an encouraging message from your Symfonisk booskshelf speaker when they walk into the kitchen. What the Voice Clip says is up to you! Play around and get creative with it!
How to set up a Voice Clip
There are two different way to set up Voice Clips in the SimpleCommands app.
Firstly, from the Voices Tab:
1. Press the "+" button in the top right corner
2. Type in what you want the Voice Clip to say. "Everybody has a Plumbus!" in our example.
3. Choose whether you want a male of female voice to read your Voice Clip and press "Add".
4. Select which device you want to play your Voice Clips through. This can be your computer, Alexa or applicable Sonos speakers.
5. That's it! You're Voice Clips will now play through your chosen speaker whenever you prompt them.
Secondly, Voice Clips in Routine Triggers:
1. Create and name a Routine. Add an action to it, such as closing your Garadget garage door.
2. Add any type of Trigger (Location, Event or Schedule based) to your Routine.
3. Add a sound notification to your Trigger. Type out what you want the Trigger to read when the Routine is executed, select whether you want a male of female voice to read it back to you and finally choose from which speaker you want the Voice Clip to play.
4. Press "Done" and that's it! Your default speaker will now read out your sound notification when your Routine is triggered!