Did you know that you can create Routines that will be set off when you arrive and depart from specific locations such as your home, office, gym, etc? In this article we will walk you through how to create Places in SimpleCommands, and how to fully take advantage of them!
Adding Places in SimpleCommands:
1. Press the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the app and select "Manage Places".
2. Give you place a name such as "Home", "Work", "Apartment", etc. Then type in the address you want to pair with the Place. Press "Done."
And that's all you need to do to add a Place to your SimpleCommands account! But what is the user of Places? Read on and see for yourself!
Why use Places?
Places allow you to create triggers for Routines based on your current location. This means that you can set off any number of actions in your home (or wherever) based solely on your comings and goings. You can automatically have some lights turn on and open your garage door when you arrive home, or turn the heat down when your home. The possibilities of limitless! Play around with it and see what you can do.
Adding a Location Trigger to a Routine
1. Go to the Routines menu and press the "+" in the top right corner to create a new Routine.
2. Give your Routine a name and press "+ Location". Select a Place and whether you want to Routine to run when you arrive at or depart from said Place. Then add any number of Actions (the stuff that happens when the Routine is triggered) to the Routine.
3. Press "Done" and that's it! It's that simple to create a Routine with a location-based trigger. Enjoy having your smart home work with your daily routine without you lifting a finger!